The Finance Manager distributes the financial resources of a company, is responsible for the budget planning, and supports the management team by offering insights and financial advice that will allow them to make the best business decisions for the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions.
- Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants and accountants.
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary.
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement.
- Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the company.
- Research and analyzes financial reports and market trends.
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making.
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports.
- Present financial reports for other departments, the General Manager, and the Owner.
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company.
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a finance role.
- Proven strategic planning experience at the management level.
- Leadership skills and employee management experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Deep understanding of business principles and practices.
- Superior attention to detail organizational skills; planning skills; research skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; problem-solving skills; computer skills; multi-tasking abilities; integrity, honesty.
Hard Goods Team Lead
Reporting to and supporting the Hard Goods Department Head, the team lead position is the right hand to the department head. The team lead acts on the department head’s behalf, on occasion.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Help with daily tasks
- Assure the department laborers and working and learning the tasks to ensure customers are receiving excellent service and tasks are people completed efficiently
- Help order product
- Attend meetings as required
- Help solve employee problems and disagreements within the department
- Provide assistance in other departments as needed
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent work quality, customer service, and communication skills
- Punctual, dependable, show initiative, and be motivated with attention to safety
- Show dignity and respect to all coworkers and customers
- Have a cooperative attitude towards management and tasks that need to be completed
- Able to confirm invoice information with actual product received
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Able to bend, squat, and reach overhead
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs
- Tolerate periods of heat and cold
Education, Credentials, & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- Previous experience working in a greenhouse or nursery is a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of plants and their care is required
- No criminal record
Martin’s Home and Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with the Company depends solely on your qualifications. Employment to the Company is at will. An at-will employment relationship can be terminated at any time, with or without notice by either the employer or employee. The at-will employment status of each employee cannot be altered by any verbal agreement or alleged verbal agreement of company personnel. It can only be changed by a legally binding, written contract covering employment status. A example of this would be a written employment agreement for a specific duration of time.